Saturday 16 May 2009

Weekend with Hanna, Dan, Henry, and Arthur

While Micah was in Spain, my dear friend Hanna invited me and the boys to stay with her for the weekend. I enthusiastically accepted. I only had to pack clothes for myself because Hanna and Dan have two boys, Henry and Arthur, who are conveniently the same sizes as James and Alex, respectively. So I loaded up a roller bag, put Alex in the sling, took James by the hand, and took the train up to Hertfordshire. For the Americans who read the blog, it's only about 20 minutes from central London.

It was the best vacation a person could have without her husband and without spending (much) money (I did have to buy train fare, after all). James and Henry played together, bathed together, took naps in the car together... it was lovely. Hanna and I sat inside and held our babies mostly, and Dan played graciously with the older boys. It was heaven! Thank you, Hanna and Dan!

3 comments:

alexandra said...

What a great little getaway!

Tiff and Dan said...

i am trying not to feel very left out here! i think benton should be in the bath with the boys. It makes me miss you guys!

Emma said...

How fun to spend time with friends!