Thursday 19 June 2008

Laughter and Forgetting

James is such a delightful, funny little boy, it's impossible to chronicle all the delightful, funny little things he does. What that means is that I remember generally how James was as an infant and smaller toddler, but some of the specifics are disturbingly quickly forgotten. I was just looking back at some videos we'd taken of James over the past year or so, and remembering things he used to do. For instance, he used to say something that sounded like "pressa" before addressing me or Micah: "Pressa Mommy, where are you?" or "Hi, pressa Daddy." To this day, I have no idea what he meant by it, but the thing is, he doesn't do it anymore. Another thing he used to do was hit himself, usually on the head, for no reason at all. I'm glad that little oddity is a thing of the past. Lately he's been saying "my" instead of "I'm." As in, "My sorry, Mommy" or Q: "James, are you okay?" A: "My fine, my fine." Anyway, this is a video from a few months ago that I promised my sisters I'd post. Here's to remembering how silly I was to leave my lipstick where James could get it...

4 comments:

alexandra said...

Perhaps I am a too-avid fan of America's Funniest Home Videos, but I am certain this clip would get some air time.

It is sad how quickly the little quirks drop out into the past. Andrew used to call me "Ami" (like Mommy but without the M). A few months ago he used to scream in delight when Brig would throw him in the air, "No way, Susie!" I realized recently that Andrew is not even really a toddler anymore. he is just a kid. (that's what he says, too).

Tiffini said...

I love pulling up old videos--I just went through a bunch of them last week. I always think I will remember every moment when it happens, but I am not that good.

Sally said...

It's so true. The moments come and go so quickly...

mary said...

Awww, isn't it sad how much of these moments are soon forgotten? I feel like I am a compulsive journal-keeper and picture-taker, because I really don't want to forget a single iota of these two little boys. Everything they say, every expression they make... just like you said, one day they might stop saying it, or stop making that expression! Good post.