Tuesday 2 September 2008

Expecting a Mini-Christensen


For those of you who haven't yet heard, Team Christensen is adding a new member to the roster. We're awaiting the arrival of this new little person sometime around March 18, 2009, which puts me at 12 weeks pregnant.

The unfortunate part is that I have been very, very ill for the past several weeks. I don't bring this up to elicit pity -- okay, I don't bring this up solely to elicit pity -- but to publicly thank the many family members and friends who have prayed for us, watched James for us, and listened to me whine and complain. Many of you will remember how hard my first pregnancy was, and if you can believe it, this one has been even worse. But I truly have felt the influence of the prayers that have been said on my behalf, and for that I am very grateful.

So here's to the ups and downs of life! We're very excited to get on with things and meet the newest member of our family. In a few excruciating months.

11 comments:

alexandra said...

congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Sally said...

Horray! We'll keep you in our prayers. I'm sorry it's so difficult for you. And adding to the fact that you have a young boy to take care of too. We love you guys and hope all does go well.

Pete said...

Congrats! Two kids are so much more fun than one. Good luck with the pregnancy.

kt said...

woohoo! good stuff! God is good, and we'll definitely keep you in our prayers. hope you start feeling better ASAP!!!

Marianne said...

Yay for Team Christensen!!! I'm SO SORRY you're feeling bad, you KNOW I can sympathize! Hang in there...eat fresh fruit. It helps. We love you!!! XOXOXO

Darrell said...

Congratulations! Great news! Sorry you're going through a hard time!

Darrell and Jenny

Tiffini said...

Oh--I was really hoping this one would be better for you. Hang in there!! That first smile, first hug, first step, first word, etc. will make it all worth it.

Emma said...

Congratulations! It will be worth it in the end. I hope youget feeling better soon!

mary said...

YAY, Tat! I have been looking forward to this post! I can't wait! I know a little bit how you feel -- Hyrum's pregnancy was even harder on me than David's. I felt kind of tricked-- isn't everything supposed to be easier the second time around? But you are already 12 weeks (or probably 13 weeks by now!) so you're on your way to the end! Congratulations!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Hey!! That is so exciting. I'm so sorry you have bad pregnancies. I hope everything goes well! Good luck.

Laverna said...

I am sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time. At same time, I'm so happy for you!
Maybe you can think of it this way: Now you can really make your kids feel guilty when they're being bad. "Do you have any idea how much pain and morning sickness I had to go through to get you here?"

Not that you're that type of parent . . . but just as a last resort sort of thing. :D