Saturday 27 June 2009

Searching for Service

Saturday I took Alex in his pushchair to Helping Hands, a UK-wide day of community service projects by Mormons. I was one of a couple dozen people cleaning up Brent Park in north London. I exited the Brent Cross tube station, Google map in hand, thinking it would be easy and quick to find my way to the park. Thirty minutes later, I found myself in this comically narrow footpath connecting one residential area to another. I could barely get the buggy through. But before long, I found an entrance to the park and lent my helping hands to the work. A couple of hours later, some iron railings were scraped and given a fresh coat of green paint, by yours truly. Who says I'm not leaving my mark on London?

5 comments:

Hanna said...

you're so pretty

Lindsey said...

good job, Tat! yikes, 30 minutes to find it. i heard it was a difficult place to find.

The Trevor said...

Please call it a stroller... you are a Yank.

alexandra said...

And it on you, from the sound of it! I like that photo of you; you look gorgeous (as you are).

mary said...

Did you know that our Mormon Helping Hands shirts are yellow over here? I think I wish they were navy.