Wednesday 5 March 2008

The Artiste

I just wanted you all to know that among my other domestic skills and talents, which are many, I have lately added "Mommy Artist Extraordinaire." James often requests my drawings, and I am all too happy to oblige. My chosen medium is usually the Magna Doodle, as will be exhibited in the following pieces.

One of James' most oft-desired subjects is "a train," my version of which you see here -





I have expanded my repertoire to include Thomas the Tank Engine -


and his friend, Percy, shown below. Notice the subtle delineations between the two -

James has also commissioned several times "a Mr. Potato Head."


And finally, once in a while, James will ask me to draw "a girl baby."

I must admit that there has been some encouragement on my part for the election of this subject.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Lexi too loves the doodle pad. We've found it's a good church and in the car activity for her. I must admit that Nate or I are near the artists that you are though! Those are some great drawings!

Laverna said...

Nice train! I remember asking my mom to draw pictures for me in sacrament meeting. She'd draw birds and dogs on the program.
Are you implying something with the girl baby??

Dahnelle said...

OOh, your magna doodle trains are WAY better than my magna doodle trains!